The Term Vermi Farming means we do farming only over on Vermicompost. And The Vermicompost is the Best nutrients provider compost mainly made with the help of EARTHWORMS.
- 1 Process to make Vermicompost
- 2 How to Prepare This model Practically???
- 3 Irrigation System in This Farming Model
- 4 Nutrients
- 5 Problems and its Solution
Process to make Vermicompost
⇒Components to make Vermicompost:-
- Cow dung of Indigenous cow that has been four to five days old.
- Fresh Soil.
- Some medicinal Leaf such as Neem, Tulsi, Bael leaf and so on.
- Some Chaff.
- Any Bio degradable materials.
- Making a Layer of Chaff of approx 3 to 4 inches height.
- Sprinkle the Water on that layer of Chaff such that 50% to 60% moisture may present in the layer of chaff.
- Again make 2 to 3 inches layer of some medicinal leaves such as neem, tulsi, etc.
- Again sprinkle water above the Layer of medicinal leaves (such that they contains approx 50% to 60% moisture).
- After that we mix cow dung and Fresh soil (take that fresh soil from the root of peepal and Banyan tree) then also make one Layer of the mixture of cow dung and soil.
- Again sprinkle water over them.
- Further we put Earthworms over that layer of mixture of soil and cow dung.
- Again make one Layer of soil and cow dung mixture over the Earthworms and sprinkle water over them such that it contains approx 50% to 60% moisture.
- After that we cover the layer with the help of a jute bag.
Time taken to complete one cycle to ready the vermicompost is approx 60 to 65 days.
Price of Vermicompost in Market is about rs.5 to rs.7 per kilo gram.
Amount of vermicompost for economical and Marketing purpose- For bag of Dimension is (12 ft length, 4 ft width and 2 ft height) ⇒ Production = 800 to 1000 kilo gram per bag; amount of Cow dung is about 1200 to 1500 kilo gram per bag are required; earthworm is 20 kg and after completing of one cycle the Earthworm become double it means 40 to 42 kilo gram.
How to Prepare This model Practically???
- First of All, we prepare a perfect place where we do vermicomposting and vermi farming also.
- After that, we cover that Place with the help of a hard materials such as cemented Plaster.
- Then hole that plastered cement having regard to the width of mature crop that we will sow there.
- Further we make the Layer of Vermicompost inside that place and again sown the crops between the hole.
Irrigation System in This Farming Model
We use Drip irrigation system in this farming model. By this Model; we can use 100 % consumption of Water. Because the water present under the root zone of plants, that is consumed by plants or crops but the water present below the Root Zone that water helps to provide 50 to 60 percent of moisture into Vemicompost, as this way we use 100 percent consumption of water By this model.
why we use cemented Plaster???
because cemented Plaster may helps in Many way, i.e.
- Evaporation Rate may decreased.
- It acts as mulching Process.
- Weeds does not grow because they do not get any type of nutrition.
BASIC PRINCIPLE = This model work on the principle of – “Growing of crops without using of any Kind of Soil”. In this Model; we use Vermicompost instead of Soil for proper growing of crops.
How This model is differ from Hydroponic, Aeroponic and Vertical Farming Because They also Based on this principle ???
⇒ These All types of Model is discovered in Other country such as Israel, America, etc. For the establishment of these models, minimum Thirty millions rupees that is Three crores are Required.
But In India, Approx 80 to 90 % Farmers come under or Below the poverty level. then how they become able to do Hydroponic, Aeroponic, etc. model.
So, This model (Vermi Farming) is Better choice than other models for Farming because By this model, We do Two types of business that is –
Why Vermicompost is better option for This model ???
⇒ In our opinion; There are many reason thats why vermicompost is our better choice:
- Vermicompost is cheap. so, Any Farmers are capable for doing this model.
- We use vermicompost instead of soil because Now a days, Our soil become 70 to 80 percent chemical. so, any foods or crops grow on that chemical soil become poisoness.
- We use Vermicompost instead of using soil because-
- Vermicompost contains 5 times nitrogens more than Good top soil.
- Vermicompost contains 7 times potassium more than Good Top Soil.
- It contains one and half times calcium more than Good Top soil.
- It also contains 2 to 3 times more phosphorus than good top soil.
- Because Vermicompost gives extra nutrients to plants. It’s an excellent option for when we first plant or sown seeds. This nutrients can promote the Plant’s growth.
(1).The Nutrients (elements) that are required for proper growth of plants- That nutrients are sub divided into 2 groups that is
(a). Macro nutrients = The nutrients that are required to plants in Large amount; such as Nitrogen, Phosphorus, potassium, calcium, sulphur, Magnessium, Carbon, oxygen and hydrogen.
(b). Micro nutrients = The nutrients that are required to plants in Little amount; such as Iron, Boron, chlorine, manganese, zinc, copper, nickel, etc.
(2).Nutrients that present into the soil- Nitrogen, Phosphorus, potassium, calcium, sulphur, Magnessium, Carbon, oxygen, Iron, Boron, chlorine, manganese, zinc, copper, nickel, etc.
(3).Nutrients present in cow dung- 3 % nitrogen, 2% Phosphorus, 1% potassium, Ammonia, calcium, carbon, many heavy metals (for example- Iron, sulphur, zinc.), and Organic Matter (it includes Carbon, Nitrogen, Phophorus, Potassium and Zinc, etc)
(4).Nutrients Present in Vermicompost- Rich in N, P, K and approx all micronutrients, beneficial soil microbes, Calcium, Magnesium, Potash and sulphur, etc.
© At the end of conclusion, Approx all the nutrients required by plants are present in Vermicompost. so, we can use vermicompost fir farming.
Problems and its Solution
|PROBLEMS FACED BY FARMERS||SOLUTION OF THAT PROBLEMS BY THIS MODEL|
|(1).Lack of land||Farmers can do this model any where such as at the Roof of their home.|
|(2).Available of Poison food||This model is fully organic OR crops can be grown over vermicompost which is organic.|
|(3).Fertility of soil be decreased||This model is not doing over the soil.|
|Lack of water||100 % of water consumption.|
|Attack of wild animals||Any Animal attack in our field when they see the green colour plants in our field but In this model, we cover the field with the help of green nets or sharee.|
|Weeds control||weeds can be grown by 2 causes i.e.- Spores come from outside (not possible because field is covered) and second; Find nutrients from the soil(not possible because over the vermicompost, there is a cemented plaster).|
|Insects and pests attack||Insects grow in our field by 2 cause. first; excess of water (not possible because 100 % consumption of water) and second; Excess weeds (no weeds can be grow).|
|High Pressure of winds||not possible because field is covered by sharee.|
|Lack of money||by this farming method, farmers make more income because it provides 2 business and production of only organic foods.|
At the end of conclusion- Vermi Farming is the better choice for farmers for their successful life.
- Plant Cell: Structure, Shape, Discovery, Types.
- POLYHOUSE FARMING
- Multi-Layer Farming
- Soil Pollution- Danger for Agriculture
- ZERO BUDGET NATURAL FARMING
- Vegetable Production : Most Profitable Agribusiness
It is Arpan Priy Das from west champaran, Bihar. Arpan started his blog about agricultural information named as “ECOHILLAGRI.COM ” He started his blog ecohillagri.com to help many agricultural or other students as well as farmers. so, it is necessary for them to learn about agriculture that is useful for students as well as farmers and that all concepts are present in this blog.