Zero Budget Natural Farming, as the name implies, is a method of farming where the cost of growing and harvesting plants is zero. This means that farmers need not purchase fertilizers and pesticides in order to ensure the healthy growth of crops. Mr. Subhash palekar is known as father of Zero Budget Natural Farming system, because He discovered this type of farming method.
Also known as SPNF (Subhash palekar natural farming). Discovered by Subhash palekar –born in Maharashtra. Bachelor degree in agriculture from Nagpur. Awarded by Padma shri award because of discovered this method (Zero budget natural farming).
PILLAR there are 4 pillars, i.e.
- BIJAMRIT= Bijamrit means treatment of seeds. In zero budget natural farming, only desi seeds are used before the treatment. Treating the seeds with a mix of cow-dung and cow-urine based formulation is one of four important wheels of Zero-Budget Natural Farming (ZBNF). This mix is known as Bijamrit. The beneficial micro-organisms present in Bijamrit are known to protect the crop from harmful soil-borne and seed-borne pathogens.
- JIVAMRIT= ZBNF, a low-cost method, involves farming without using any chemicals. It involves application of a mixture of fresh indigenous cow dung and urine along with jiggery, pulses and flour on the soil to be cultivated — which is called ‘jivamrita’.
- MULCHING= Mulchingis a practice of covering the topsoil surface with organic materials like straw, grass, stones inorganic materials like plastics, etc. Mulching is a process of reducing the evaporation.
- WAAPHASA= waaphasa means the soil moisture. Soil moisture means the presence of water particle in the soil. Soil moisture is very important for growing of crops because soil moisture enhance the microbial activity, metabolic power of plants and crops & fertility of soil.
Most common Processes and useful medicines used in Zero Budget Natural Farming system, some processes and medicines are discussing below-
⊗ Bijamrit – Bijamrit means the treatment of seed by desi or Indigenous method:
If farmers treat the seeds before sowing, then no any pests and insects attack on the seeds and crops. And 98% to 100% seeds are germinated but in the case of GM seeds or Hybrid seeds, maximum 70% to 75% seeds are germinated. so, Bijamrit Process is necessary for each and every Farmers to grow good Quality crops with large amount (quantity).
METHOD = 5kg desi cow dung, 5L cow urine, 50g lime (chuna), 1 palm soil= these all things are mix into 20L water and left them till 24 hours. Shake this mixture 2 times with the help of stick. This mixture is for treatment of 100 kg seed. After 24 hours you mix the seeds into this mixture and dry the wetted seeds in shadow. Only desi seeds are necessary for Bijamrit.
Components = Cow dung, Urine, Lime, Fresh Soil and Water.
⊗ Jivamrit- by using of jivamrit, the quality of foods and crops is increased. It is worked as a medicine in agriculture sector. 1g jivamrit contains approx.700 micro-organisms. These micro-organisms make foods for plants. By using jivamrit, the quality and quantity of foods is increased and no any insects and pests attack on the crops.
METHODS= 200L water, 10kg cow dung, 1kg besan, 1kg jiggery, 5 L cow urine, 1 palm soil(without fertilizer used). These all are mix together and put into a 200L drum and cover the drum with jute bag and put this drum into shadow till 48 hours. Shake that mixture with stick every morning and evening in clockwise direction. This amount of jivamrit is available for 1 acer. This mixture is expired after 7 days.
⊗ GHANJIVAMRIT– By using ghanjivamrit, productivity of crops is increased. It is a dry compost. It is given to field on sowing time and also given after 3 days of irrigation. This compost is best till 6 months. for 1 acre field, 1 quintal ghanjivamrit is required. By using this compost, fertility power be increased that’s why the quantity of crops also increased.
METHOD= 100kg cow dung, 1kg jiggery, 1kg besan, 100g soil (with micro-organism), 5L cow urine. These all are mixed together and dry 0them in shadow till 48 hours, and cover them with a jute bag.
COMPONENTS = cow dung, jiggery, besan, soil and cow urine.
NOTE – Jivamrit and ghanjivamrit is only made by products of desi cow. By 1 cow, 30 acer farming is done.
⊗ MULCHING- mulching means cover the field that save water from evaporation. On other words, Mulching is a process of reducing the evaporation.
There are mainly two types of mulching exist, that is-
- Organic mulching = In Organic mulching, we cover the space of field with the help of organic or bio-degradable things. such as – grasses, leaves and paper etc.
- Inorganic mulching = In Inorganic mulching, we cover the space of fields with the help of Inorganic materials such as – plastic, stones and mulching paper, etc.
PANCHAGAVYA– By using of Panchagavya, quality and quantity of crops be increase in the field.
Method to make Panchagavya = 5kg cow dung, 500g desi ghee. Mix them and put them into a soil made pot. Cover the pot with a cloth. Shake them morning and evening till 4 days. When ghee like smell comes from dung then mix these to 3L cow urine, 2L cow milk, 2L curd, 3L jiggery water, 12 yellow bananas and make a mixture. Shake this mixture up to 10 min till 15 days. 1L panchagavya mix with 50L water and use for 1 acer field. This is best till 6 months.
How to protect crops from Harmful Insects and Pests: To stop the attack of insects and pests, we may use the organic medicine made by cow dung, cow urine, and buttermilk. And also use leaf made medicine such as- neemastra, panchvarniya, sastavarniya, and brahmastra. The method of making these medicines is given on unit- Organic compost and medicine.
There are also some medicine name below, By using of them there is no any type of problems remains.
- Phospho compost
- Vermin phas
- Neemo phas
- Neem powder
- Matka khad
- Panchapatra kadha
- Panchvarniya ark
- Shastavarniya ark
- Saptavarniya ark
- Ashtavarniya ark
- Dashvarniya ark
- Shastapatra kadha
- Garlic related medicines
- Tamra chhachh
- Virus resistance
- Chhachh + gomutra + neem juice
- Organic chhachh
- Matka vermi
- Vermi-Farming : A Cheap method of farming
- Multi-Layer Farming
- SOIL : Found in India
- Soil Pollution- Danger for Agriculture
- Plants : Overview, Physiology,Types and Nutrients
It is Arpan Priy Das from west champaran, Bihar. Arpan started his blog about agricultural information named as “ECOHILLAGRI.COM ” He started his blog ecohillagri.com to help many agricultural or other students as well as farmers. so, it is necessary for them to learn about agriculture that is useful for students as well as farmers and that all concepts are present in this blog.